O.H.S.& E. | Scrap Metal
In considering the safety of our employees, contractors and visitors as our first priority, Norstar Steel Recyclers maintains a robust Safety & Environment Management System structured to conform to AS 4801. This system strives to provide a safe and environmentally responsible workplace for all stakeholders associated with Norstar Steel Recyclers operations, be they at one of our facilities or during our operations off-site.
We expect all employees, contractors, visitors and clients to support our mission.
Norstar Steel Recyclers have also developed an O.H.S. & E. Management Manual as an integral element of our Safety and Environment Management System and it shall be reviewed annually to maintain it’s relevance to our business and the success with which we operate.
That success is based on our commitment to a safe and environmentally responsible workplace.
The Safety & Environmental Management Manual reflects the Company’s commitment to ensure work activities do not result in damage to the environment. The Manual outlines the procedures that will be established to protect the environment during the life of any contract.
All client safety & environmental policies and procedures shall also be strictly adhered to;
- To prevent harmful emissions to air, soil, surface water and ground water that could damage the environment.
- To ensure local environmental permit requirements are understood and complied with.
- To ensure responsible management of waste.
- To ensure all managers, supervisors, employees, contractors and sub-contractors involved in the contract understand their responsibilities with respect to the environmental management requirements applicable to the contract.
- Maintain safe work practices
Norstar Steel Recyclers is committed to providing a safe and environmentally responsible workplace and proudly demonstrates that commitment by prominently displaying the Norstar Steel Recyclers “Safety & Environment Policy”, as well as publishing it for internal and external access. This Policy is appropriate to the nature and scale of our business, is reviewed annually and can therefore adjust to changing circumstances and conditions.
Fittingly registered in our Document Control System as Number “0001”, this policy is clear in its’ intent that the Company believes all accidents are preventable.