Policy | Scrap Metal
Norstar Recycling Pty Ltd is fully committed to maintaining an incident free workplace. Our key Health, Safety & Environment objectives are to have Zero Recordable Injuries and Zero Environmental Incidents.
At Norstar Steel Recyclers we firmly believe that all accidents are preventable and to ensure we achieve this goal, we will:
- Implement the NORSTAR Health, Safety & Environmental Management System (SEMS) at all our facilities and on all contracts.
- Communicate this Policy to all employees, visitors and contractors and engage all stakeholders in formal consultation to review and continuously improve our HSE application.
- Comply with all relevant Legislative, Regulatory and Code requirements.
- Provide training to our employees to ensure that they are both qualified and competent to complete assigned tasks safely.
- Ensure contractors and other site visitors are advised of, understand and accept our expectations of their S&E responsibilities whilst on a NORSTAR site.
- Foster a culture where Health, Safety and Environment are considered core values in our business and as such, may not be compromised.
- Empower all NORSTAR employees to stop any site or company operation they deem unsafe, or adversely impacting on the environment.
- Assess all aspects of our operations such that identified hazards are controlled to a practical level where risk is minimised.
- Maintain processes by which we continuously improve our business and work practices.
For more information, simply