"70 years young and still having fun"
History | Scrap Metal
The Norstar Timeline
- 1947 Ray Sailah started Preston Metals in Gilbert Road, Preston with partner Ted Wilson.
- 1952 Ray starts Norstar Junk company in Gilbert Rd, Preston.
- 1956 Ray buys property at Banbury Rd, Reservoir predominately trading Non-Ferrous scrap metals.
- 1970 Paul Sailah, Rays son, joins the business.
- 1980 Norstar Junk is renamed to Norstar Steel Recyclers.
- 1981 Purchased a 20 acre property at Dohertys Rd, Laverton North.
- 1989 Commissioned Lindemann 1250hp Shredder.
- 1997 Nortrade International, Norstar's international trading arm commences.
- 1997 Commissioned Lindemann 1250 tonne Static Shear at Laverton North.
- 2002 Purchased an 8 acre property at Redgum Drive, Dandenong.
- 2004 Purchased property adjacent to Laverton North facility, bringing the operation area to a total of 37 acres.
- 2005 Commissioning of 4000hp, Lynxs Shredder installed at Laverton North.
- 2012 Commenced trading at Colchester Rd, Bayswater North
- 2014 Commisioning of 8000hp Mega shredder at Laverton North